Thursday, December 1

Talent croons tangerine and bluesy

Well, what do you know?

All I know is that Life's absolutely unpredictable, perfect and amazing, just the way it is! And in between, all these 'highs' and 'lows' of life and the people you jam with through during this journey, Life just has a way of sneaking around and screaming 'SURPRISE' and keeping you on your toes.

That knowledge only got reinstated in my small, wise head once again, this month! But, what the heck, Life's still a Joyride.

And in another  news, this blog's nomination just got flower-picked for the very first 'Orange Flower Awards' by Womens Web. It celebrates the efforts of women of all colors, races, shapes and sizes who are making a stir or wave in the digital space, in their own unique way. Talk about sisterhood in solidarity!

By the way, I love that name – Orange Flower. So, desi and so naari and so pretty all in the same breath! Whiff! So, yes, if you like reading my blogs, please shower some love. All you have to do is click on the link below, go to the ´Vote Now´ section and if you don´t find me, enter my name in the Search box and vote for me in all three categories – Humour, Personal Blogging & Creative Writing. Voting closes on 10 Dec. So, Hurry!

http://orangeflowerawards.in/vote-now/

You know, one thing that struck me after my return to India this year, was how immensely talented we, Indians are! I mean, really! Especially this month, I’ve gone from meeting and attending some humorously insightful training sessions by immensely wise and talented gentlemen, met some bright and enterprising young women, students who represent the changing modern face of India and simply raw, sheer talent all around. And I am seeing more and more people breaking out of the conventional mold and pattern, taking those risks, honing their talent alongside their professional and personal commitments, inspiring others and in general, making exciting changes happen in this country. I for one, cannot tell you how refreshing it is!

Be it reading the fellow contestant’s blogs nominated for the  ‘Orange Flower Awards’ or stumbling upon this quirky sounding band name ‘Kanchan Daniel and the Beards’. OMG! You have to listen to them if you haven’t yet. I’d love to hear them live someday…

For now, relax and enjoy their song' The Great Escape' which coincidentally resonates with my ultimate retirement plan which is to escape to some long forgotten faraway place, digging my feet into the sand, sipping on some coconut juice, basking in the sun's glory and listening to the ocean waves with absolutely no care in the world.


I love all their songs so far especially the breaking the stereotypical 'good girl' image in 'Ain't no angel',  a shout-out to everyone to be their real selves in 'Superficial' and 'Quirky Perky' (Oh yeah, baby!)

Three cheers to 'Kanchan Daniel and the Beards' and the talent simmering in this country!

2 comments:

jacmacdev said...

Good blog....good to you in your creative elements...Keep.

Tina Sequeira said...

Thank you and surely will keep writing! Keep reading!

125x125 Ads1

Recent Posts

As real n true as one can be...A pot-pourri of my day-to-day affairs..Of both my real-life troopers n bloopers alike....My very own tales.